10 Characteristics of a Successful Sales Manager and Sales Management Function
We previously wrote about the characteristics of successful selling organizations and identified that they all shared strong sales leadership and had a strong sales management function in place. So what are the characteristics of these sales manager and sales management functions that leads to becoming a successful selling organization?
- They have a seat at the table with the senior leadership and is part of crafting the vision of where the organization is going both short term and long term.
- They are able to be the voice of the customer and sales team throughout the entire organization.
- They are always looking for better ways of doing things to get better results with both internal and external customers.
- They know how to prioritize activities and motivate others.
- They have a methodical approach to the market and are able to direct internal and external resources to deliver what was promised.
- They are capable of assembling a team and making tough decisions about them.
- They foster a culture of winning as a team.
- They use business intelligence, market research, and objectivity to drive decisions about what actions and activities are necessary to achieve their goals and objectives
- They are not afraid to give credit to others and share success with their team members.
- They focus on selling more to the market through their sales team by hiring the right talent, training them on the processes and systems, and coaching them for better performance.
Does your sales manager or sales management function share any of these characteristics? Feel free to download our presentation on both of these topics for your next sales meeting and contact us if you would like us to present these materials for your next sales meeting.